This is a WordPress plugin that uses the Magic Sea Weed API to get information about sea conditions. Please note that you must obtain an API key from magicseaweed.com before using this plugin.
A brief Markdown Example
- Upload the plugin files to the `/wp-content/plugins/plugin-name` directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Surf Conditions screen to add your Magic Sea Weed API Key, a location ID from magicseaweed.com, and another location ID from sea-temperature.com.
- Get the API key from magicseaweed.com: http://magicseaweed.com/developer/sign-up. They are currently in beta so you will have to email them for an API.
- To get the location ID, visit a location on magicseaweed.com and copy the numbers at the end of the URL. In the following URL, the location ID is 297: http://magicseaweed.com/Mission-Beach-San-Diego-Surf-Report/297/
- To get the Sea Temperature ID, visit a location on sea-temperature.com and copy the ID at the end of the URL. Example: In the following URL, the ID is 1115: http://sea-temperature.com/water/money%20point,%20va%20/1115
- Use the shortcode [surf_conditions] to display the widget
- What can this plugin do?
The functionality of this plugin is pretty basic. It grabs the following data from the Magic Sea Weed API and displays it in a tabular format:
Water Temperature: X F
Swell Conditions: combined swell height, combined swell compass direction, combined swell period
Wind Speed/Direction: wind direction at Xmph
D'r binne gjin resinsjes foar dizze plugin.
Meiwurkers & amp; Untwikkelders
"Surf Conditions" is iepen boarne software. De folgjende minsken hawwe bydroegen oan dizze plugin.Meiwurkers