All of the other plugins that I have found only replace the smart quotes after the content has been saved to the database.
This plugin will actually replace the smart quotes before it gets saved to the database.
What does that mean? It means that you will now be able to perform better searches for content without having to worry about those annoying smart quotes.
Not only does this plugin fix smart quotes, it also replaces the ™ (c) and (r) symbols into proper HTML entities.
If you find this plugin useful, please give it a rating.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload ‘smart-quote-fixer.php’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate Smart Quote Fixer through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it. It will now automatically remove smart quotes from post content and titles.
- Is there a settings page?
- Does this plugin work retroactively?
Version 1.0 currently does not work retroactively to clean your database. It will only clean items moving forward. This is a planned feature for future releases.
- Does this plugin work on custom fields?
Unfortunately no, but I have plans to make it work with custom fields and Advanced Custom Fields in the upcoming future.
Meiwurkers & amp; Untwikkelders
"Smart Quote Fixer" is iepen boarne software. De folgjende minsken hawwe bydroegen oan dizze plugin.Meiwurkers
- First Revision of the plugin