This plugin will add the ability to preload the largest contentful paint (LCP) Image on an individual page or post. This is designed to remove the “Preload the image used by the LCP element in order to improve your LCP time” warning that Google’s Pagespeed Insights sometimes serves.
I offer support in two places:-
- For urgent (paid for) support, please contact me directly.
- For not so urgent support, please use the WordPress.org forums.
This project is now on github, you can view the repository here. There are other versions, but this is the one I’ve put up, so where all the developmental will be tracked.
- Upload the plugin to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory or use the Add New feature
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to any post and page and specify the LCP Image for that page.
Should you wish to use this plugin for custom post types, go to Settings > Preload LCP Image. By default it appears on posts and pages although you can set it to appear on any custom post type on this page.
For more guidance on how to determine the URL to use, please use my guide on how to determining the LCP image for a WordPress post
Meiwurkers & amp; Untwikkelders
"Preload LCP Image" is iepen boarne software. De folgjende minsken hawwe bydroegen oan dizze plugin.Meiwurkers
- Fixes a bug that causes a console error that ignores the “as” types due to unknown “as” or “type” values, or non-matching “media” attribute.
- Improves the UX of the page in question
- Allow the ability to specify different URLs for mobile or desktop viewpoints.
- Tested with WordPress 6.4
- Tested with WordPress 6.3
- Tested with WordPress 6.2
- First Public Release