I couldn’t find any plugins that converted so called “smart” punctuation to HTML entities, so I created this one. It doesn’t do everything yet, but it’s a start.
This plugin currently converts smart quotes and apostrophes, en- and em-dashes, and ™ © and ® symbols into HTML entities.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload ‘html-entifier.php’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate HTML Entifier through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- It will now automatically convert smart punctuation located in post content and titles.
- Is there a settings page?
- Why didn’t this plugin work on all of my old posts?
Version 1.0.0 only converts newly saved posts/pages — or posts/pages that you go back and re-save.
Meiwurkers & amp; Untwikkelders
"HTML Entifier" is iepen boarne software. De folgjende minsken hawwe bydroegen oan dizze plugin.Meiwurkers
- First Revision of the plugin