Ivory Search is a simple to use advanced WordPress search plugin.
It enhances the default WordPress search and also allows you to create new custom search forms.
With Ivory Search, you can create an unlimited number of search forms and configure each search form individually to customize WordPress search and perform different types of searches on site content.
Display the custom search forms on site header, footer, sidebar or widget area, navigation or menu, on pages, posts, custom post types or anywhere on the site using its shortcodes.
Note: The styling of the search form highly depends on how your theme styles it. If your theme does not style search form correctly then to style it get free support from Ivory Search Support.
Have any doubt or question?
Feel free to ask it using Contact Form.
- Perform faster search with inverted index-based search engine.
- Index and search shortcode contents.
- Search WooCommerce products.
- Search images, files and attachments.
- Customize search form using customizer.
- Search using AJAX search.
- Track searches in search analytics.
- Index and search TablePress shortcode contents.
- Create unlimited number of search forms.
- Configure each search forms separately.
- Configure search form to search specific content.
- Exclude specific content from search results.
- Display Search Forms anywhere on your site.
- Supports multilingual search.
- Multilingual Search supported by Weglot
- Integrates with popular plugins such as WooCommerce, Weglot, Polylang, bbPress, WPML etc.
AJAX Search or Live Search
- Convert any search form including default search form to AJAX search form.
- Search posts, pages, WooCommerce products, images, files or any custom post type using AJAX search.
- Exclude any specific content from AJAX search.
Search Form Customizer
- Use customizer to change search form colors and its text.
- Choose any search form style from various search forms.
Search Specific Content
- Search specific post types such as post, page, product, attachment, forum etc.
- Search in post title.
- Search in post content.
- Search in post excerpt.
- Search posts having specific category or taxonomy terms.
- Search in category or taxonomy terms title.
- Search in category or taxonomy terms description.
- Search posts having specific custom fields or metadata.
- Search WooCommerce products SKU. [Premium]
- Search WooCommerce products variation. [Premium]
- Search posts created by specific authors. [Premium]
- Search in author Display name and display the posts created by that author.
- Search posts having specific statuses. [Premium]
- Search posts having specific number of comments. [Premium]
- Search in approved comments content.
- Search posts created in specific date.
- Search only password protected posts.
- Search only posts without passwords.
- Search all posts with and without passwords.
- Search specific files, MIME type or media attachments such as images, audio, videos, PDF, documents etc. [Premium]
- Search in the title, caption and description of images, attachments and media.
- Search in multiple languages as the plugin supports multilingual plugins such as Polylang, WPML etc.
Exclude Specific Content From Search
- Exclude specific post types from search.
- Exclude specific posts, pages, WooCommerce Products, Media Attachments, forums or any custom post type from search.
- Do not search in the post title.
- Configure to not search in post content.
- Configure to not search in post excerpt.
- Exclude posts from search having specific category or taxonomy terms.
- Exclude posts from search having specific custom fields or metadata. [Premium]
- Exclude ‘out of stock’ WooCommerce products from search. [Premium]
- Exclude posts from search created by specific authors. [Premium]
- Exclude posts from search having specific statuses. [Premium]
- Exclude sticky posts from search.
- Exclude posts from search having specific number of comments.
- Exclude posts from search created before or after specific dates.
- Exclude password protected posts from search.
- Exclude posts from search without passwords.
- Exclude images, audios, videos, PDF, documents, attachments, files, media, file type or MIME type from search. [Premium]
Control and Extend Search
- Display search form in navigation menu and configure its functionality.
- Configure the number of posts to display in search results.
- Highlight search terms on the search results page.
- Order posts in ascending or descending order of date, relevance, id, author, title, type, name, comment count, menu order or entirely random. [Premium]
- Display or hide sticky posts at the top of the search results page.
- Display an error page or list all posts for empty search queries.
- Display search forms only to site administrators while testing, before going live.
- Disable an individual search form or disable searching site wide.
- Configure stop words which are excluded from search.
- Option to add word synonyms to provide more relevant search results.
- Display post_type argument in the search query URL and restrict search to it.
- Search posts having all or any of the selected category or taxonomy terms.
- Display content having any or all the searched terms.
- Fuzzy Matching – Search posts that include the whole search term or search words in the posts that begins or ends with the search term.
- Keyword Stemming – Also searches base word of searched keyword. [Premium]
Note: some of the features are Premium marked as [Premium]. To have access to those features you will need Ivory Search Premium. You can get Ivory Search Premium here!
We enhanced and re-wrote old Add Search To Menu plugin from the ground up and Add Search To Menu has renamed to Ivory Search.
Need Help? Get Ivory Search support.
Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Feel free to contact us using this Contact form.
- Install the plugin from the ‘Plugins’ section in your dashboard (Go to
Plugins -> Add New -> Searchand search for Ivory Search).
- Alternatively, you can download the plugin from the repository. Unzip it and upload it to the plugins folder of your WordPress installation (
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation).
- Activate it through the ‘Plugins’ section.
- Use the
Ivory Searchmenu to configure the plugin.
How to use Ivory Search plugin?
Please read below documentation to know how to use Ivory Search plugin.
Is the plugin compatible with WooCommerce?
Yes the Ivory Search plugin integrates directly with WooCommerce to provide a powerful and advanced WooCommerce Search. Not only can you use Fuzzy searching, you can exclude specific WooCommerce products from search, include specific WooCommerce products in your search and much more.
If you need more advanced WooCommerce Search functionality, upgrade to Ivory Search Premium which provides WooCommerce SKU searching and even more powerful WooCommerce Search functionality.
Yes you can easily add your search to menu in just a couple of clicks, be up and running in minutes.
Does the plugin provide search shortcodes?
Yes Ivory Search provides a range of search shortcodes you can use, best of all you can create an unlimited number of custom search forms and then embed them on your WordPress site using our powerful and easy to use range of Search Shortcodes.
Does the plugin provide search widgets?
Yes it provides search widgets. Using Ivory Search you can add a custom search widget to your WordPress powered website quickly and easily, with minimal hassle. To use it simply add your custom search form then head on over to your widgets area and add ivory search widget in widget area.
Will the custom search work with my theme?
Yes. Ivory Search, has been tested and works perfectly with a range of themes, including but by no means limited to Divi, allowing you to build a custom search with Divi, Avada, X and Pro by Themeco, GeneratePress, OceanWP and many more.
Do You Offer Customization Support?
Yes we do. We try our best to help free users with customisation requests and we offer guaranteed CSS customisations for our premium users.
Contributors & Developers
“Ivory Search – WordPress Search Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Ivory Search – WordPress Search Plugin” has been translated into 4 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Fixed – Warning: array_merge(): Expected parameter 1 to be an array, string given in
- Fixed – Tags and Categories search was not working in inverted index search engine.
- Fixed – Using brackets in the search term was not getting searched.
- Fixed – Using special characters in stopwords generate warnings.
- Improved – Search/Exclude product variations by attributes/variations.
- Updated – Freemius SDK
- Fixed – add_query_arg() and remove_query_arg() usage
- Fixed – TablePress not searching japanese words
- Fixed – Call to undefined function parse_blocks
- Updated – Freemius SDK
- Fixed – Security fix
- Fixed – AJAX add to cart was not adhering to quantity field.
- Fixed – Undefined index: action error.
- Improved – Compatibility with Weglot plugin.
- Improved – Compatibility with TablePress plugin.
- Fixed – Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given.
- Fixed – Notice: Undefined index: s
- Fixed – Media search in admin area was not working.
- Fixed – Google analytics search was working on all pages.
- Fixed – PHP 5 issue ‘Default value for parameters with a class type hint can only be NULL’.
- Fixed – PHP 5.2 compatibility issue.
- Fixed – Index build max execution time not working.
- Fixed – Compatibility issue with MySQL 5.7
- Fixed – MySQL > 8 REGEXP compatibility issue.
- Fixed – PHP compatibility issues with static var.
- Fixed – PHP < 5.3 compatibility issue.
- Fixed – For some plugins -1 appearing instead of search.
- Fixed – Media library search in admin area was not working.
- Added – Faster search with inverted index-based search engine.
- Added – Index and search shortcode contents.
- Added – Index and search TablePress shortcode contents.